My little baby has turned 4 I can't believe it. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I went to the Dr. for a non stress test and her heart rate dropped. It kept on doing it and the nurses decided to call Dr. Carsten. He thought that I should go to the Hospital to be tested. I had KaiLee and MaKayla with me so I called my Mom to come get them. I was fine until my mom got there and the reality set in that she was in distress. I went to the maternity ward and they hooked me up to a monitor for her heart rate. The nurse suggested that I call Randy and tell him that he should come to the hospital. He was working in Banning and had a long drive home. As she was being monitored her heart rate kept dipping and only recovering slowly. Chris the nurse said that she need to call the Dr and let him know what was going on. As I waited for her to come back I realized that I was going to have a baby today no matter what. The nurse came back and said that Dr. Carsten advised her that I needed to have a C-Section and it would need to be tonight at 8 pm because Delani was in distress. By this time Randy was at the hospital but was still in his uniform. She was to monitor me for the next couple hours and see how Delani was doing. Within the next 1/2 hour Delani's heart rate dipped even more and was having a harder time recovering. The nurse called the Dr and he said to get me prepped for an emergency C-section. Delani was born at 5:03 and Randy barley made it. He had gone home to change since our C-Section was not supposed to be till 8pm. I can still remember how scared I was. I don't think those are things that you forget easily. They showed her too me and whisked her away to the NICU. As they were wheeling me to recovery one of the NICU nurses came to tell me how much she weighed. She had to repeat it for me 3 times. I could not believe that she was only 3lbs. The next 2 weeks with her in the NICU were brutal. Going back and forth with massive headaches (that is a story in itself). But at no time did I feel that we were going to lose her. She is a fighter. I think that is why she is the girls she is today. Feisty as all heck and does not take no for an answer. Happy Birthday Delani. I can't imagine my like the same without you.





6 comments:
I just love Delani! She is so cute. Happy Birthday Dalani!
What a little doll! Her name is darling!
I remember when all of that happened because it was at the same time I got married! Delani is so precious!
She was so tiny, I remember seeing you at Sams club and thought she was a new born and really she was a few months old. What a blessing!
What a tender memory this must be for you. She has sure grown up into a darling girl.
I got chills reading that story. I can't believe Delani is four!-craziness how fast time goes.
Post a Comment