CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh What a Day!

Let's just say that this has been a long week and it is not even over yet. On Tuesday morning at 9 am I got a call from Promenade Elementary. Telling me that KaiLee was in the office and that they thought that she had broken her arm. I quickly threw the kids in the car (it now takes a little longer with the 2 extra that I have during the day) and flew down to the school. She was in the nurses office and right when I saw her I knew that it was broken. She has a pretty high pain tolerance and she was bawling. The principal came and talked to me. She told me that a boy had pushed her down (on purpose) and she had tripped and fell. I think at that point I was more concerned about Kai and was kind of tuning her out. I did not want to go to urgent care so I called our doctor. They got her in to see Dr. Furtan (this is why I love Dr. Deterville and/or Dr Furtan) and he determined that he needed x-rays of her arm. She was a trooper through the x-rays and it was determined that she had broken the big bone in her arm right above the wrist. They put her in a soft cast for now and we are waiting for the orthopedic to call us so that she can get her permanent cast on. She has already decided that she wants light blue. She went to school the next day and did great. She is a real trooper!!! Today she seems like she is in pain a little bit more. She went to school this morning. At about 930 the office called me and told me that she was in the office. I went down and picked her up and now she is just resting in bed with Delani. So all in all it has been a crazy week.

3 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

Get better soon...what a crazy week!

Hillary said...

wow... poor Kailee. Tell her that I said that I hope she feels better soon.

Alicia said...

Whoa!! That is so crazy!! What happened to the boy who pushed her on purpose--hopefully suspended!!!