CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

NO SOLICITING!!!

I have to say I HATE solicitors. I have to say this last week they have been very present. And to top it off they come at the WORST time. Bath time, lunch time, shower time etc. Today I had ENOUGH. The doorbell rang and I decided I would look to see who it was. If I did not know them then I was not going to answer. So I look through the peep hole and saw that if fact I did not know them. I resumed what I was doing feeding the multitude of children that I am currently babysitting. I thought that they had gotten the hint when the bell rings AGAIN. By this time I am so so IRRITATED. I answer the door with a "what" of course they are trying to sell you something useless. He started to spatter off information which I could care less about. I interrupted him and said "IF I really wanted to talk to you i would have opened the door when you rang the bell the FIRST time" and I shut the door. Seriously it was my last nerve. He has woken up both kids that were napping and I was in the middle of feeding the other three. (no you did not miss anything I watch 4 kids during the day) So tonight here I come Wal-mart. I am going to get a NO SOLICITING sign and see if that works.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Amen to that!

Shannon said...

I hate to have people come to my door too. Let me know if the sign works.

Rebecca said...

Oh yes - I agree!! I've been so grateful having a security guard booting anyone out that happens to end up all the way up here!

Shannon said...

I made the soup tonight. You were right. One pot was plenty for all of us. It turned out great. Thanks for sharing. Hope your had a fun family day!

Dee said...

Oh my gosh, I just heard that song "somebody" and it totally took me back to those youth dances! AHHH, I'm feeling the pain of rejection all over again! :)