CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Recipe Wednesday- Noodle Casserole

This come from the kitchen of my Grandma and Grandpa. They are great cooks and this recipe is awesome for the family. Kids love it because it has noodles in it.
Noodle Casserole
1 (8oz) package of noodles
1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
6 green onions, chopped
3/4 cup grated cheese
Boil noodles. Meanwhile brown ground beef, then add the tomato sauce and spices. simmer for 5 min. Drain noodles and add cottage cheese, sour cream and onions. Place is casserole dish by layering noodles, then meat repeat. Top with cheese, Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (too much heat will destroy the cheese flavor)

3 comments:

Dee said...

Looks good! My kids would LOVE it and so easy. It's so funny how kids LOVE noodles.
A while back I saw that you posted a Texas Sheet Cake recipe. That is my favorite cake in the whole world. My mom used to make it and I make it once a month at least. I wonder if my mom got the recipe from your mom b/c nobody else seems to have ever heard of it.

Dee said...

Oh, and FYI...I have two blogs. I don't know if you know that or not. Just click on strawberry fields in my sidebar on the daisy one.

Heather said...

I will be trying it soon!