CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Released from YW

Sunday was probably my most difficult Sunday ever!!! I received a call from Bro. Bryson on Sunday morning at 1030. I hesitated on calling him back. I knew that there were only 2 reasons that he would be calling. 1-To ask us to speak in Sacrament and 2- To release me from YW. Neither one of them was appealing to me. When I finally called him back he told me that they were reorganizing the YW and that I was being rlsd. then he said that he need to meet with me before church because he had a new calling for me. In the back of my mind I knew it was not going to be in the YW program. I got ready for church and met with Brother Bryson, he called me to help in Activity Days for the primary. I have to honestly say that I was not that excited about this new calling. My heart is with YW. I accepted this new calling and was going to be sustained in sacrament. All I could do was cry. I knew that there needed to be a change but it was hard to leave the girls. I know that Liz and her counselors will do great things for the girls. My heart will always belong to the YW program. As my mom says it is for but a moment. The Lord knows the desire of my heart. Maybe not anywhere in the near future but, I hope that I can return to the YW's program. I have immersed my self into my new calling and have started a Blog for the Activity Days girls. I figured it is the easiest way for the parents to see what is going on for the month. I have come to accept my new calling and KaiLee is way excited that I will be there with her. I have looked at it like I am preparing the girls to enter the YW program and I am excited for this new adventure.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Let me tell you how sad I was when I walked into church and saw you crying. I feel like it is my fault. I would have loved to keep you! You are awesome and I know the girls love you.. I am sure you will be back in YW before you know it. I still will be calling you for your help and advice.

Shannon said...

I know how hard it is to leave YW. But I'm in primary now too and I'm loving it. Your family will love all the extra time you get to spend with them too. You're gonna have a lot of extra time to get things done in your own life. And that is a blessing too. Good luck adjusting it will take some time.

The Plewe Clan said...

I know it was so hard for you but your mom is right. Before you know it you will be back and sad to leave another calling that you love. It was wonderful to work with you and I have already told the new presidency that you are a wealth of info...so use you! Your new blog is so cute and I love the song that you have one there...you will be great in Achievement Days!

Shannon said...

We had a lot of fun last night. Thanks for inviting us. It was a very clever evening. And your house is very cute.

Cherilyn said...

Dear Christi, send me your email address to bloomerjc@comcast.net. The other day I was watching something - can't remember - but it was about a woman with breast cancer. She said that she gained more than she lost from cancer. I think we can apply this to every experience we have in life. You never know what little life in activities days needs you or what experiences you will have that will be more far reaching then you can imagaine. Sincerely, Cherilyn