CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2007

To the Doctor AGAIN!

Seriously how many times can one mom go to the doctor in 2 weeks. In this household 3 times. Last night Delani started getting a fever and was hotter than any thing I have ever felt. I tried to give her some medicine but she jut threw it up. She fell asleep and had a restless night. She woke up a 6am and needed to go potty. She stared coughing and then threw up again. I took her to the walk in sick clinic that Dr. Deterville and Dr. Furutan have and waited for about and hour for one of them to see us. Delani slept the WHOLE time. We finally saw Dr. Fururtan and he looked at her and determined that she has tonsillitis which could turn into Mono if not monitored. The nurse came in to give her some medicine. To say the least she barfed all over me the office and the blanket that she was wrapped up in. They decided that she need to get some shots, 2 one in each leg. She was not very happy about this and cried and say owie for about 1 hour. The medicine has totally helped and her fever finally broke. Dr. Furutan put her on a restricted diet. No sweets, milk, cheese etc. Basically all she can have is bread and fruit. The no milk thing is killing her right now and I have to keep telling her that she can't have that because she is sick. So far this is working, we will see how it goes tonight.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Poor Delanie, She is too sweet to have to go through that pain. I hope she gets better fast. My kids see Dr. Furuatn too. I like him and so do my kids.

Shannon said...

I have never heard that tonsillitis could turn into mono. Interesting. My kids see Dr. Deterville but I'm thinking of switching to Furutan. Who do you like better?

Christi said...

Shannon-

I love them both. Deterville is the doctor that my kids always go to. If I cannot get into see him Furatan is just as good. All my kids have been seen by Deterville. He has been our family Dr. ever since my brother was a little kid.

Shannon said...

That's what so many people say. I feel like he may not be taking my concerns about Corbin seriously. But I really like him. He is so willing to give as much time as we need with him. I do like that. We have seen the other DR. On occasion as well, he has a great way with kids. I was just wondering about your opinion.